Thursday 18 February 2010

It's not vintage stupid, it's second hand!

My feet took a walk down Oldham Street in Manchester today and led me into a world of vintage and second-hand. It was the first time i'd been to this part of Manchester, which I couldn't understand once i'd caught sight of the endless row of one-off boutiques, charity shops and vintage outlets - heaven. The only explainable reason could be that i'd become accustomed to shopping in Liverpool, i've not stayed true to my beloved city, but that's going to change. I'm a sucker for a bargain, and with my lack of funding recently i've been unable to spend more that £10 on an item of clothing (goodbye Topshop) and so my eyes were peeled. I bagged myself this beautiful cream woolen jumper for ten pounds exactly. No label, no size, but it must be at least a large, and this is no problem, it makes a perfect and warm dress!

















From Ryan's Vintage, Oldham Street, Manchester

I'm always proud of the bargains I bag so I want to share them with you. I got the ring in the Topshop sale for a mere £1, it reminds me of a disco ball and so when I wear it, it feels like there's a party on my finger, and, the electric blue clashes with most things I own - it's this tackiness that I love! The vintage heels were reduced from £12 to £6 at Liverpool's last Affordable Vintage Fair, I couldn't resist, they're so cute and comfy, which is always a plus.  




















XXX

2 comments: