Saturday 8 May 2010

Colour my life...

The past two days have been rather gloomy for me, a lot of things have changed, not all of them are for the good. I need cheering up! I need retail therapy!

I was watching Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain  aka Amélie (one of my all time favourite films) recently and I noticed something that I hadn't before although this was probably my fifth time watching the film, it was Amélie Poulain's (played by Audrey Tautou - much love) shoes. At the bottom of her skinny, delicate legs sat these frumpy, garish DMs. I feel in love with this clash and fell in love with these:


1461 3 eye shoe: £60




50th year anniversary vintage shoe: £100

Just like Amélie, I want a pair of cherry red 1461 Doc Martens. I'd pair them with luxe ankle socks (think Burberry Prorsum's Spring/Summer collection) and a calf-length skirt that that uber french chic look. And i'm sure my feet will appreciate some tender love and care, these shoes are orthopedic. I know! I never thought i'd see the day when I was dressing my feet in orthopedic shoes.

-If you haven't seen this film, I cannot recommend it enough-


XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment