Wednesday 19 May 2010

Must Have Accessory

There's no doubting it, a classic bicycle is one of this seasons must haves! From the window displays of Topshop to the cobbled streets of Copenhagen (http://copenhagenstreetstyle.dk/ride-my-bike/) everyone seems to be getting on their bike. This is great news for the environment and the state of people's health. I am all for less cars on the road and more bikes.
Agynes Deyn and Mary-Kate Olsen - proud bike owners:


We all witnessed that Chanel creation that Karl Lagerfeld created for his S/S 08 collection. An edgier take on a vintage classic, detailed with a quilted leather seat and saddle bag. Priced at only $13,595 i'm sure we'll all be rushing out to by one in time for the summer sun...well anyone who doesn't care for budgets will be!

You'll face certain restrictions on your bike and I don't think anyone wants to be caught revieling all, if you know what I mean ladies. Avoid short skirts, tight jeans, and heels are a definate faux pas! You can't go wrong with a pair of high top Chucks or a pair of chic sandals like our models (above) have sported. Here's what i'd reccommend being seen in when you go on your bike ride:

1 £35
2 £35
3 £15
4 £3
5 £22
6 £30
7 £18

I took my new bike out for a spin last night, but I've not mastered the art of riding on main roads yet.


(I don't look as cute as Mary-Kate did on hers)

I think the wicker basket is my favourite feature of the bike - it's so adorable and adds a vintage touch. The problem with most baskets is that they are screwed on, but mine came with a nifty gadget that allows me to take my basket on/off when ever I want. This saves you the panic of not knowing what to do with your valuables whenever you ride to the shop.

I think Pee-wee Herman would be proud of my shiny red bike:


I love Pee-wee! He loves his bike so much, and we should all take a leaf out his book.

Happy riding my friends (and don't forget your locks)

XXX 

1 comment:

  1. You shure look good!
    Mary Kate looks like Ozzy Osbourne!
    Hahahaha
    Greetings from Brasil!

    ReplyDelete